Restaurant Review: Entre Tierras in Puebla

Our blogs usually consist of stories and information about Mexico, but as we travel around the country we think it's important to begin to point out the great hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. that we have experienced.

And a great place to start is a wonderful restaurant in Puebla; Entre Tierras.


Puebla, as many of you know, is possibly the heart of colonial Mexico cuisine. There are numerous choices throughout the city from excellent taco stands to fine dining and of course Mole Poblano. However on this trip I decided to try a fine dining establishment just outside the colonial center.

Entre Tierras is located across the street from Hotel Señorial and about a 4-5 block walk from the Zocalo in Puebla's historic center. I had actually read about the restaurant in a magazine on my flight from Los Angeles to Puebla.

As mentioned above Puebla is famous for it's cuisine and there are many famous dishes and restaurants to try. Institutions such as El Mural de los Poblanos and Fonda de Santa Clara plus dishes of Mole Poblano, Chiles En Nogada and Cemitas, all make Puebla a foodie paradise.

I love Puebla's traditional cuisine, but in this case I wanted something more contemporary. I wanted steak, I wanted wine, I wanted a three or four course experience. I found that at Entre Tierras.

The atmosphere and design of the restaurant is modern spliced with antique pieces. It's unique, it's romantic. It included a small bar/lounge, a dining area divided between and indoors and outdoor patio, and even an upstairs area with a small banquet room for parties or receptions.

From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by smiling faces. Service was excellent by the wait staff complete with recommendations. I ordered a couple appetizers and a glass of Cabernet from Chile. First I tried the Tacos de Pato estilo Pekín (Duck tacos Pekin-style), delicious and a bit spicy.  Next was Indias Vestidas Hidalguenses which was flowered squash, cheese and epazote. Unbelievable. If I was smart I should have just ordered appetizers as there were so many 'new to me' options.

Dinner was next and with the waiters recommendation, I ordered Chamorro de Cordero (a type of lamb) even though I came in for steak. He was right, the dish was very good and allowed me to try something new and unique. The lamb tasted as if it was marinated in honey all day with Mexican spices. As I usually don't eat lamb, it was a treat.



Full from my apps and dinner, my waiter insisted I try one of Puebla's traditional drinks; Pasita. And being the Mexican explorer I am, I obliged. This drink is said to come from a famous bar with the same name - La Pasita - in 1916. It is a raisin-based drink with a kick. Although an acquired taste, I knew if I had too many of the shots it would be a long walk back to my hotel Casa de la Palma.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience with a unique setting, delicious chef-inspired dishes and some excellent service. I'll be back next time in Puebla!

Should you find yourself in Puebla, make sure to have dinner at Entre Tierras.

Entre Tierras Restaurant


Tel: (222) 232-5306
http://entretierras.letseat.at/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird Watching Magic in San Jose del Pacifico, Oaxaca

The famous Cinco de Mayo forts of Puebla

A Quick Visit to Lake Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico - I'll Be Back!