The Riviera Nayarit is and always will be a destination offering a great variety of cultural, sports and artistic events. This year the destination celebrates its 10th anniversary and in order to kick off the party we’d like to share with you a chronological list of the Top 10 Events of 2017:
- XIII International San Blas Festival of Migratory Birds (January 29 to February 5): San Blas is celebrating this festival with workshops, conferences, and observation routes.
- 4th Festival Sayulita (February 1-5): The hottest party of the year is in the Riviera Nayarit’s Surfing Capital: Concert, Movies, Drinks and a celebration of life!
- 7th Open Water Swim Tournament: This sporting event takes place at La Cruz de Huanacaxtle and it’s been recently admitted into the Global Swim Series.
- Wind Festival (May 19-21): Bucerías, the Wind Capital of the Riviera Nayarit, is celebrating its top sports competition with this event, considered one of the top five most important of its kind in the world.
- VI International Beach Polo Cup (May): Combining the sport of kings and the beach has been a highly successful formula for the international positioning of this event.
- San Blas and La Cruz International Sport Fishing Tournaments (June 14 - 17 / October 25 - 28): San Blas tournament is celebrating its 57th anniversary and the event in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle is in its 5th year. Bonus: The Riviera Nayarit celebrates Children’s Day with a free kid’s tournament.
- 9th Vallarta Nayarit Gastronómica (October): This culinary festival surprised both locals and visitors in 2016 by uniting 6 Michelin Stars in one place.
- 9th Half Marathon and 10K (November 25): By the time runners finish this race they’re already asking when does the next one begin!
- VII Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf (November 30 - December 3): Punta Mita, the Riviera Nayarit’s Glamour Peninsula, is synonymous with luxury.
- 12th Festival Sinergiarte (December): Artists are of the international sort and, believe it or not, they donate their art. Bonus: The San Pancho Children’s Circus - March 16-18.
Information courtesy of Riviera Nayarit CVB: http://blog.rivieranayarit.com/2017/01/top-10-events-in-riviera-nayarit.html
For more information on the Riviera Nayarit: http://www.mexonline.com/nayarit.htm